Acer AOD255-2509 comes with these high level Specs. Intel Atom Processor N450, Windows 7 Starter, 10.1" WSVGA LED-backlit Display, Mobile Intel NM10 Express Chipset, Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150, 1024MB DDR3 Memory, 160GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM), Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED, Built-In 1.3MP Webcam, Two Built-in Stereo Speakers, 3 - USB 2.0 Ports, 3-cell Li-ion Battery (4400 mAh), Up to 4-hours Battery Life, Microsoft Office Starter 2010, 2.43 lbs. | 1.1 kg (system unit only)
Amazon.com Product Description
Get fantastic mobile connectivity with the Acer Aspire One D255 in diamond black (model AOD255-2509), which features an ultra-thin design that travels light. Combining the power of the Intel Atom N450 processor and NM10 Express chipset with a 3-cell battery, you'll enjoy up to 4 hours of battery life on the go.
You'll be able to easily video chat wherever you roam thanks to the Crystal Eye webcam integrated into the LCD's bezel, delivering smooth video streaming and high quality images even in low-light situations. And the built-in digital microphone delivers superior voice quality keeping background noise level low and minimizing echoes. Pinch, flick and swirl your fingers on the multi-gesture touchpad for an intuitive navigation to view web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more.
The attention-grabbing Aspire One D255 is only 1-inch thin and weighs just under 2-1/2 pounds. The 93-percent standard size keyboard with bigger keys enables easy typing wherever you are. And the 10.1-inch Acer CrystalBrite LED display (1024 x 600 pixels) provides an optimal Web browsing experience for great Internet productivity while on-the-go.
A 1.3-megapixel HD webcam with integrated digital microphone deliver smooth video and superior voice quality so you can maintain in contact wherever you are by means of real-time chat. Other features include 160 GB of hard drive storage, Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, three USB ports, and a multi-format memory card reader. Charge up using the Acer MiniGo AC adapter, which is 34 percent lighter than typical adapters.
This Aspire One comes pre-installed with the Microsoft Windows 7 Starter operating system. You'll also experience new ways to deliver your best work with Office Starter 2010.
- Up to 4 hours of battery life with included 3-cell battery (4400 mAh)
- 10.1-inch LED-backlit CrystalBrite screen (1024 x 600 resolution)
- 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N450 processor (512 KB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB) combines performance and energy efficiency to explore the Internet and stay connected while mobile.
- Multi-gesture Touchpad for circular-motion scrolling, pinch-action zoom, and page flip. (Learn more)
- 160 GB hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 1 GB DDR2 RAM (667 MHz; 1 GB maximum with Windows 7 Starter)
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 video processor with Microsoft DirectX 9.0 support
- 1.3-megapixel Crystal Eye webcam with a built-in digital microphone that helps keep background noise levels low and minimizes echoes. Acer Video Conference Manager software supports 1280 x 1024 resolution online video calls.
- 84-key FineTip keyboard, 93 percent of standard-size
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking capability provides up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range using 802.11n-compatible routers as you would with 802.11g networks. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found at Wi-Fi hotspots and in older home routers). This laptop uses Acer InviLink Nplify technology that enables multi-stream input or output for faster and more reliable bandwidth, and it also offers Acer SignalUp technology for enhanced antenna efficiency.
- Three USB 2.0 ports
- Multi-in-1 memory card reader compatible with Secure Digital (SD) and MultiMediaCard (MMC) as well as miniSD and microSD cards (with optional adapter)
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)
- VGA video output
- Stereo speakers
- Microsoft Windows 7 Starter operating system (Learn more)
- Preloaded with the Microsoft Office Starter 2010 free software offering with selected functionality of Word and Excel for your text and spreadsheet tasks. Plus, if you decide you want the full suite, just purchase a product key to activate an ad-free version that also includes the latest Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher programs.
- Dimensions: 10.2 x 7.3 x 0.9 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.43 pounds
- Warranty: One-year parts and labor limited warranty with concurrent International Traveler's Warranty
- Energy Star certified
What's in the Box
This package contains the Acer Aspire One AOD255-2509 netbook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, 40-watt MiniGo AC adapter, and operating instructions
It also comes with the following software:
McAfee Internet Security Suite (trial version); Norton Online Backup; Acer Recovery Management; Microsoft Office Starter 2010 (reduced-functionality and advertising; Office 2010 product key can be purchased to activate preloaded suite)
A Multi-Gesture Touchpad allows you to pinch, flick and swirl your fingers across the touchpad for more natural photo and video viewing as well as intuitive navigation of websites. The Multi-Gesture Touchpad enables you to scroll, zoom in and out and flip through Web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more.
The TouchPad can also be disabled with a one-touch button, eliminating accidental cursor movement with palms and wrists when using an external mouse.
Microsoft Windows 7 Starter
Microsoft Windows 7 Starter makes small notebook PCs easier to use because it puts less between you and what you want to do -- less waiting, less clicking, and less hassle connecting to networks. Windows 7 Starter combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows. Some features include:
- Features like Jump Lists, Pin, Snap, and Windows Search all make using a small notebook PC simple and easy
- Joining home networks with other PCs running Windows 7 is easy and simple
- Connecting to printers and devices is easier than ever
- Supports the latest hardware and software
- Internet Explorer 8 improves the safety of web browsing
- The new Acer Aspire One AOD255 has a N450 single-core processor from Intel. Engage in online activities easier and longer with up to 4-hours of battery life.
- 10.1" Acer CrystalBrite LED display (1024 x 600 resolution) provides an optimal web browsing experience for great Internet productivity while on-the-go.
- The Intel Atom N450 Processor lets you do more and stay mobile longer with better video and system performance as well as low power consumption.
- Access your email and browse your favorite websites wherever you are with integrated 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED network connection and fast Ethernet LAN.
- Windows 7 Starter makes the things you do every day easier and with Office Starter 2010, experience new ways to deliver your best work!
Acer Aspire One AOD255-2509 10.1-Inch Netbook (Diamond Black)
Acer Aspire One AOD255-2509 10.1-Inch Netbook (Diamond Black) Reviews
77 of 79 people found the following review helpful:
Great little netbook!,
This review is from: Acer Aspire One AOD255-2509 10.1-Inch Netbook (Diamond Black) (Personal Computers)I just got this netbook yesterday and it was supposed to be a Christmas present from my boyfriend, but I just couldn't wait to open it. I haven't put it down since!
It's small and compact, and is pretty quick. In the item description, it states that the hard drive is 160 GB. When I got the computer, I read the box and it states that the actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. When I actually looked at my computer's hard drive, it was 133 GB. I just wanted to share that because I know that some people will use this for pictures, video and music. I am using it almostly exclusively for surfing the internet, emails, and Microsoft Word.
The keyboard is 93% of a normal sized keyboard. Yesterday it was pretty difficult to type because I wasn't used to it, but today I'm doing a lot better! The only problem with my typing is that I keep forgetting that you can't put your wrists down on the... Read more
65 of 69 people found the following review helpful:
Size, weight, and noise,
This review is from: Acer Aspire One AOD255-2509 10.1-Inch Netbook (Diamond Black) (Personal Computers)This is one of the lightest netbooks around at 2.2lbs (1.03kg = MacBook Air!) for 3-cell configuration. The adapter is very portable and slim at .4lbs (187 grams). It is an elegant, elongated wall wart that plugs into the wall. The plug can even be turned 90 deg to fit your outlet. I think it's the best thing about this Acer product, and they are using it for their newer 11.6" CULVs 1430 and 1830, too. I hope other makers follow this trend and eliminate the thick AC cable at the wall end.
The AOD255 itself is also very thin: at a time when Sony, Dell, and HP gets fat and lazy with 3+lb netbooks that measure 1.2" (3cm) thick, Acer cuts it down to 1" (2.5cm) from front to back (3-cell). At netbook scales, these minute differences in weight and size makes all the difference. To be fair, HP's latest netbooks are lavishly detailed and finished, at the cost of bloated size and weight; the Dell Mini 10 (1018) is passively cooled with only minimal hard drive noise, but looks (and... Read more
42 of 47 people found the following review helpful:
Great Netbook - Great Gift,
This review is from: Acer Aspire One AOD255-2509 10.1-Inch Netbook (Diamond Black) (Personal Computers)I bought this gift for my wife a couple of weeks ago from another online site.
So far it has been an excellent investment.
Pros: Lightweight, easy to install, faster than Vista. Mine boots in under a minute. Price was excellent. According to some reviews online this is the first Acer Aspire netbook to come out with a dual core Intel Atom processor. It was released in Oct of 2010.
Cons: A little bogged down with pre-installed software. No optical drive (DVD/CD). Initial install setup time is around 20-30 mins, you cannot simply turn it on and use it.
Other Thoughts: Ok, only had it for two weeks now, but will change this if necessary. First I uninstalled Mcafee, Norton, and Office trial. Googled Windows 7 apps, read reviews and installed: Google Chrome Browser, AbiWord, Gnumeric Spreadsheet, VLC Media Player, Panda Antivirus, Paint.net, 7 zip, foxit pdf reader. These programs were recommended for a faster experience on Windows 7 Starter and... Read more
› See all 51 customer reviews...